moon dreams

moon dreams
photo by Jeni Ferguson

Friday, May 10, 2013

getting on my soapbox.

Recently A beautiful young teenage girl tried to commit suicide. She was being bullied in school. told she was fat, ugly, no one could love her, etc. She has an eating disorder and low self esteem because other people think she needs to look a certain way. I hate that kids are being raised with no respect for others, no compassion. The fact that these kids think it's ok to treat another human being this way and convince them they are worthless, really pisses me off. What the hell is wrong with their parents ! ? I am not a big promoter of violence, but some people need their brains rattled. This girl is intelligent, funny, and beautiful. It breaks my heart to see such potential beaten down by ignorance. And after all this, these bullies are still talking shit about her. I am so disgusted with the direction the human race seems to be taking..stop with all the me me me shit. stop treating people like expendable trinkets.As parents we need to teach compassion and kindness. and here's a thought if your kid is doing the bullying give them consequences to their actions. as a parent if you allow your child to treat people like shit you are just as responsible for the results . as a society we need to rethink beauty. stop telling our children through media that they are not good enough. stop telling them if they don't look a certain way that they don't matter. basically stop being dicks.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree! What's wrong with society today?? How I pine for some good old fashion values...

    ReplyDelete