moon dreams

moon dreams
photo by Jeni Ferguson

Saturday, December 14, 2013

re-setting focus

over the last few years I have lost sight of what should be my most important goal. I made choices that did not align with my main objective. first and foremost I am MOM . My main job is being there for my kids and making sure they are healthy and happy. everything else is secondary, at least until they graduate. It was recently pointed out to me, that my oldest daughter really needed me to be more of a presence in her life. and the person who pointed this out was right, and had i not lost my focus I would have realized this on my own. yes, they are teenagers, but this is a time in life when they need guidance the most. when they need their mom. I made this deal when i gave birth to be 100 percent a parent. and lately I have been only 50 to 80 percent parent. so my goal is to get back to 100 percent mom.

1 comment:

  1. Better a little late than never. It's good that you're refocusing. Sending thoughts your way, that however hard, you won't deviate from the new chosen path!

    ReplyDelete