moon dreams

moon dreams
photo by Jeni Ferguson

Saturday, March 29, 2014

good customer service...where oh where have you gone?

so today I went to the mall and stopped in the custom t's shop to get a minion shirt for my girls. I walked into the store and the clerk was on her cell phone. She did not even acknowledge she had a customer. I then asked her the price of the shirt, she looked annoyed and said "those are 10 dollars on clearance " and went back to her cell phone conversation. I picked out two shirts and while she was putting the decals she continued her phone conversation " I was in the hospital yeah I have stomach issues. I'm doing great here. I don't really have friends ...the people here are (looks at me) YOU KNOW.." and on and on . at the end of the transaction I said " when you have customers it would be polite to put your cell phone down and interact with them" she said in a very snarky tone " it's my aunt she has cancer" I said " ok but customer service is your job and you're not doing it" she gave me a look that could kill. so I went to the mall office and filed a complaint. There is no excuse for rudeness , and disrespecting the population shopping in your store is like shooting yourself in the foot. Good customer service brings repeat customers. Being a completely self absorbed snarky bitch does not.

1 comment:

  1. There's a coffee shop that charges extra if you're on the phone when placing an order. Conversely, the shop should give a discount if the server is on the phone...

    ReplyDelete