moon dreams

moon dreams
photo by Jeni Ferguson

Friday, March 1, 2013

i love my bathroom.

yesterday morning I woke up , went to the bathroom , walked the dog, and made tea just like I do every other morning. I sat down to take a sip of tea and that's when things went very wrong. My stomach said oh hell no! and I spent the next 30 minutes dry heaving in the bathroom. After snuggling the cool porcelain for an interminable length of time , I finally felt steady enough to stand. I made it to the kitchen before the next wave of nausea struck and I wash rushing back to my new best friend. I again hugged my porcelain paramour for what seemed like forever , but was in reality probably 20 min. I forced my self to get up and wake  the kids up for school, and then returned to the bathroom for go round number 3, which is when I did something that I never do. I took a sick day and stayed home. I am wise enough to know that if my belly rebels every time I move around, then I will be no good at work. I absolutely hate calling in sick, I feel I have a responsibility to live up to my end of the bargain. So, I snuggled in my recliner and dozed in between bathroom visits. by mid afternoon the worst of the nausea had passed and we were on to watery bowels. In hindsight, I suppose that is a good sign , as it means the bug was working it's way out; or possibly my butt was jealous of my belly's relationship to the porcelain goddess. Either way by about 730pm I was ready to try food , a little chicken soup. My gut clenched and generally made it's unhappiness known, but I managed to keep the food down.

Fast forward to this a.m. , I am feeling much better. A bit of a headache from not getting enough fluids, but I am hydrating as I type. I am a little tired, my stomach is still not 100 % happy but at least it is keeping tea down this morning. I am thankful for this. As for the bowels, I think they are getting back to normal, although I think I can out gas Pumba right now.  I can say I never want to go through that again. I absolutely hate vomiting, and being sick in general.

1 comment: